Any non-NI PXI chassis will not be identified by manufacturer and model in MAX unless the appropriate files are added to the controller system.
This lack of identification is not usually a problem, the chassis will appear as (Unidentified) in the MAX list, but this should not affect it's performance in any way.
In order to make MAX fully identify a Pickering chassis, follow these instructions:
- Copy the required .ini file from the download location to your PC, click here for download location
- Copy the files to any convenient location on your PC, for example to the Desktop
- Launch MAX and expand My System, Devices and Interfaces, PXI System
- The Pickering chassis will appear in the list followed by the word (Unidentified)
- Right click on the entry and select Identify As
- Select the entry appropriate for the chassis, if it is not present, then select 'Other' and browse to the location of the file downloaded above
- Change the file filter to 'All Files (*.*)' and select the appropriate ini file
- The chassis should now be correctly identifed in MAX