Preview for Pickering Interfaces, electronica China 2012
20th to 22nd March, Booth W4 4568, Shanghai New Expo Centre
Clacton-on-Sea, UK, February 2012 - Pickering Interfaces, a leading PXI/LXI Supplier, has continued in 2012 to regularly release a steady flow of new products in both the LXI and the PXI platforms. And - in addition all Pickering Interfaces LXI products are now fully LXI compliant to the latest 1.4 specification. Pickering Interfaces is committed to following the LXI standard’s evolution and adopting its newest features to improve user experience of Ethernet controlled instrumentation.
There is a demand for support of switching applications in the RF and Microwave region of the spectrum. As phones, homes, and even automobiles become more intelligent, the need for these devices to communicate to other devices becomes more important. The need for greater bandwidth drives the need for higher density and more accurate switching modules.
In addition, battery technology is driving a revolution in charging systems. High capacity batteries need to be carefully managed during charge and discharge cycles in order to maintain long battery life and ensure product safety. This meant that manufacturers of BMS (Battery Management System) products need new testing tools.
Amongst other products we highlight at the show for the first time in China:
1. First models in a new range of 6GHz switch solutions, these compact switch modules offer an alternative to mechanical microwave switches for applications up to 6GHz. Their excellent isolation and crosstalk performance combined with fast operation and long life makes them ideal for both production and development testing.
• 40-880 Series Solid State RF Switching
• Wide Frequency Range 10MHz to 6GHz
• High Performance Long Life Solid State Switch
• Dual, Quad, Hex and Octal Versions
• Automatic Termination of Unused Ports
• High Isolation
• SMA Coaxial Connectors
• Multi Channel RF Attenuator
• VISA, IVI & Kernel Drivers Supplied for Windows XP/Vista/7
• Supported in PXI or LXI Chassis
• 2 Year Warranty
2. Pickering will be exhibiting our entire family of Battery simulators. These products address both the transportation industry and well as the manufacturers of wireless devices, the 41-753, our recently introduced Battery Simulator, which is being used by our worldwide mobile electronics customers to test mobile wireless devices with the following features:
• Single Slot Battery Simulator
• Remote Voltage Sense
• Isolated Outputs
• Output Voltage Up To 6V
• Power Supplied From PXI Backplane
• Programmable Output Resistance
• Programmable Current Sink Capability To 0.5A for Charger Load Simulation
A demonstration of testing BMS (Battery Management System) will be shown.
3. LXI Modular Switching Chassis
Pickering Interfaces has expanding its range of LXI solutions with the introduction of their modular LXI chassis’.
The 60-102 and 60-103 are 7 and 18 slot modular chassis' that accept from a choice of over 500 Pickering Interfaces 3U PXI modules. This includes a huge range of switching modules together with additional test functions such as programmable power supplies, battery simulators, attenuators, digital I/O, breadboards and programmable resistor cards.
The range of switching modules supported vary from low power reed relay cards used for low current applications through to Matrices, multiplexer and a range of higher power EMR relay products to RF/microwave and optical switches. Pickering offer the industry’s highest density matrices with up to 9500 relays per chassis. Solid state switching with up to 40A current capacity is supported along with a range of high voltage switching modules. The variety of modules available allows the chassis to be used for a wide variety of switching, control and sensor emulation applications.
These products are available now and pricing can be found on our web site,
About Pickering Interfaces
Pickering Interfaces is a market innovator in signal switching and conditioning for a broad range of applications and architectures, with the largest range of switching modules in the industry for PXI, LXI, PCI, VXI and GPIB applications. Pickering Interfaces has provided solutions to both commercial and MIL/Aero applications. In addition, Pickering's range of instrumentation provides innovative test solutions to users and integrators of modular test systems. Pickering Interfaces operate globally with direct operations in the US, UK, Germany, Sweden, France, Czech Republic, and Engineering support in China, together with additional representation in countries throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Pricing and availability information is supplied on our web site: