Applications Support Engineer
Pickering Interfaces is a market innovator in modular signal switching and simulation. We offer the largest range of switching and simulation products within the test and measurement industry, covering a broad range of applications and architectures. We are a UK-based company operating globally with manufacturing sites in both the UK and the Czech Republic with direct sales operations in the UK, US, Germany, Sweden, France, China and the Czech Republic.
We are looking for an application support engineer to provide quality support to our highly valued customers worldwide. The candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with a proven customer service record. This role would be perfect for someone with a strong customer-facing presence who also has an excellent technical electronics background and understanding.
Remote work is possible if you are not located near one of our offices.
- Work alongside customers' applications and provide support on LabVIEW, Veristand, C/C++, .NET application.
- Analyse and solve customer queries
- Provide customer-oriented documentation
- Interface with electronics development, production, sales and support teams
- Visit customer sites and exhibitions
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and other contacts within the Pickering Group of companies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an applications support role
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Good understanding of the Test and Measurement Industry
- Good understanding of embedded systems (especially Hardware-In-Loop Simulation)
- Knowledge of National Instruments software packages for instrument control
- Knowledge of international standards for instrument control, such as PXI, LXI, VISA, IVI
- Proven record of customer support or customer-facing role
- Be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Fluency in French and English with proven communication skills
- A good sense of humor, together with a "can do" attitude would also be advantageous
- Knowledge of object-oriented languages would be beneficial
- Knowledge about model-based design would be advantageous
Please submit applications to [email protected]