Field Sales Engineer - Texas, United States
We're Pickering Interfaces: A passionate, hard-working team that is leading the test and measurement industry in the design of modular signal switching and simulation for use in electronic test and verification.
Sales Engineer (FSE-SW) will be working out of a home office in Texas
(Dallas/Austin area preferred) and will be responsible for establishing and/or expanding Pickering's modular switching
and simulation business for accounts
related to Automated Testing. This position is accountable for supporting customer applications,
key account knowledge, networking, developing new accounts and supporting the strategic objectives of the Regional Sales
Manager. The FSE-SW will also provide market and industry/competitive data from the field to product development teams
and nurture sales opportunities from inception to close while utilizing funnel management techniques and CRM software (Salesforce). The FSE-SW reports to the Regional Sales Manager and works in close coordination with other Regional Sales Managers,
the Business Development
Manager, and Manufacturers Reps across the country, as necessary.
This Position Has Responsibility For:
- Increasing Pickering market/account share by gaining new project wins in target accounts/markets.
- Developing and executing sales strategies and objectives for the assigned accounts/markets to achieve market share growth and maximize sales revenue and profitability.
- Providing regular status updates on opportunity/account development and performance-to-plan along with updated revisions to sales and marketing strategies, account expansion, and other actions required to achieve and exceed projected targets.
- Maintaining and reporting an opportunity funnel/forecast for the general business and specific large project business.
- Developing and presenting proposals, negotiating orders, and ensuring that they are submitted with the required paperwork.
- Demonstrating knowledge of Pickering products to the extent that technical discussions can be held with systems engineers, that lead to a preference in solutions using Pickering products/services.
- Providing input to Product Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams to help direct new product development that reflects market trends and customer needs.
- Conducting regular on-site visits with key customers to build preference in working with Pickering.
- Creating relationships with integration partners who can help further expand Pickering's market share.
- Analyzing and reporting the competitive situation for target accounts/markets.
- Assisting during seminars or trade shows.
- Monitoring after-sales support communication to ensure customer satisfaction.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Excellent understanding of basic electrical concepts, preferably with prior experience in engineering and/or sales of ATE, switching and/or data acquisition systems.
- Strong commercial acumen and advanced negotiating skills.
- Proven track record of expanding market share within key accounts and markets.
- Ability to read market dynamics and trends and adopt the appropriate strategy for best results.
- An excellent cross-channel communicator, willing to help develop accounts/markets in a specific territory, as well
as support fellow team members.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- Due to the nature of target customers for this position, it is only open to US citizens or US Green Card holders; Pickering will not sponsor any visa or Green Card requirements.
- Five years of experience, with experience in handling technical products, preferably in a system design capacity.
- Highly customer focused with customer service orientation.
- A proactive can-do and positive attitude.
- Strong business acumen and ability to adapt to evolving customer needs.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop complex account plans and strategies.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with customers and to interface with a variety of organizations
- Strong time management, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Available to travel across the assigned country as necessary to develop the business.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Salesforce.com, and database applications.
- Test and Measurement industry experience.
- Experience working in a Business Development role.
- In-depth knowledge of ATE, switching and or data acquisition systems a plus.
- A history of working within US government prime contractors and demonstrable networks within one/multiple primes
is strongly preferred (Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Honeywell, Boeing, Collins).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering preferred other college degrees in conjunction
with relevant technical business development and/or sales experience.
You have worked for at least seven years in the T&M industry and/or Systems Design/Integration and are comfortable discussing and selling at the systems level with engineering teams. You enjoy taking on new projects, guiding customers through their projects, providing exceptional customer service, and surpassing customer experience expectations. You can communicate across all necessary departments internally (engineering, production, sales, marketing, executive) to achieve results and can build relationships with your co-workers as you go. You appreciate and thrive in a small, dynamic, nimble, and progressive organization that encourages individual initiative and development. You have an inquisitive nature and understand how to develop accounts at multiple levels, cultivate relationships, mine for information, and apply your technical background to solve customer issues while positioning Pickering to become the preferred supplier in all circumstances.
Pickering has a reputation for providing a work environment that encourages long-term careers. To that end, we prefer to promote from within the company, allowing the employee to find a role that best suits them regarding career paths and a positive work environment. As we are a multinational company, these opportunities can be in the US and even in other countries. Pickering Interfaces is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Please submit applications to [email protected]