Group Customs Compliance Officer
The Pickering Group of companies offers products and services to develop and deploy high-performance electronic test and verification systems. These include relays, switching, simulation, software, cabling, custom design and more.
We seek a Group customs compliance office that can significantly contribute to the growth, development and performance of the Pickering Group. Located at our headquarters in Clacton-on-sea Essex, you will be ensuring the company’s compliance with customs legislation and authorisations, inclusive of our AEO accreditation.
- Development of UK Customs procedures and tools to ensure business compliance by properly documenting and controlling all mandatory custom functions.
- Maintaining our AEO status
- Raise the awareness of the importance of customs compliance within the group
- Promoting good customs practices across the group
- Analysis of business processes and identification of optimization potential
- Support of audits performed by the customs authorities and internal QA teams
- Ensure the existence of process documentation for customs
- Develop and maintain KPI’s
- A background in customs related activities
- Experience in international shipping import and export
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft systems (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and use their own initiative
- Knowledge/experience of AEO and associated requirements
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAGE X3 preferred)
- Recognized Customs Qualification
- Well-motivated with the ability to show initiative
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new skills
Please submit applications to [email protected]