Pickering's BREXIT Statement
The decision by the United Kingdom to leave the European Union, known as BREXIT, presented many questions and concerns for all businesses both in the UK and the wider EU. Pickering was no exception and took a very proactive stance in implementing change to ensure our customers continued to receive the highest possible standards.
The measures taken include:
- We implemented a change to our distribution network to allow for full distribution of product sales from either our headquarters in the UK or one of our EU, Czech-based subsidiaries.
- Continue to maintain our fully vertically integrated manufacturing capability at our EU facilities in the Czech Republic and in the United Kingdom.
- Increased our internal stock of component parts to mitigate the risk of supply chain issues, a measure we have kept in place to ensure we continue to offer the shortest possible lead times.
- Under the technical guidance of our R&D management, Pickering’s design teams continue to operate from both within the UK and EU.
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) has been granted to Pickering Interfaces Ltd. Authorization type is AEOF (Full) Customs simplifications, security and safety—number GB AEO F/00128/18.
- Introduced a new dedicated customs department to manage the additional administration required for importing and exporting from the EU.
Pickering continues to monitor global trade and believes that our financial security coupled with the measures already taken will give our customers confidence in our ability to meet their requirements.
Should you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact your local sales representative.
Pickering Worldwide Facilities
Pickering UK facilities
4500m2 in Clacton-on-Sea, UK
Pickering Czech facilities (established in 2004)
3000m2 in Trinec, Czech Republic
3500m2 in Bystrice, Czech Republic
Planning for 6000m2 facility in Bystrice, Czech Republic, construction in mid 2020's.
Pickering Sales/Support offices
US, UK, China, Germany, France, Czech Republic and Sweden.