May 2021 Update:
- Pickering is now gradually relaxing our COVID-19 precautions initially in the UK (due to the very low infection rate) and from June in our manufacturing facilities in the Czech Republic.
- All operations are running normally, and we will not be updating this web page unless the situation deteriorates.
The team here at Pickering understands that there is a great amount of concern, uncertainty and anxiety around COVID-19 or the "Coronavirus". The safety and wellbeing of our customers and our employees is of the highest priority. We are prepared to make sure we can continue to support your applications without delay and with outstanding service.
Pickering Group Coronavirus Manufacturing and Supply Chain Resilience
- We operate design, production and distribution facilities in both the UK and Czech Republic.
- We are a vertically integrated manufacturer, nearly all production processes are carried out “in-house”, which reduces our vulnerability to external disruption.
- We generally have high stocking levels, therefore our vulnerability to short-term components shortages caused by Coronavirus are minimized. The only exception is for a small number of specific reed switch capsules.
- We have a very strong balance sheet (equivalent to one years annual sales revenue) and high cash reserves (equivalent to 35% of annual sales revenue) with no borrowings at all, therefore we expect to have more than the required financial firepower to withstand potential shocks due to the Coronavirus pandemic over the coming year.
- We have taken extensive steps to fully support our staff and to maximize Coronavirus safety at all of our facilities as well as to enable home working whenever required.
- Any employee that receives correspondence from the NHS Test and Trace service must notify HR immediately. If the employee
has been identified as someone in close contact with a positive case, they will be required to self-isolate for 14
days (UK only).
Our commitment to our employees’ safety and well-being drives our day-to-day operational practices so we can provide the unparalleled service to our customers. As such, the present COVID-19 outbreak presents a unique challenge in meeting two overriding concerns, protection of employee safety and customer satisfaction. To limit the potential impact of COVID-19 on our employees, company operations, customers, partners and suppliers, we have taken the following cautionary measures:
- All non-essential international travel for business has been postponed or cancelled for the foreseeable future.
- Employees working from home where possible.
- Enforcement of social distancing of 2 meters at all times.
- Any employee who has visited a country subject to Center for Disease Control (CDC), UK Foreign office and World Health Organization (WHO) coronavirus travel advisories within the previous two-week period, whether for business or personal purposes, is instructed to stay away from their office for 14 days, and if able, work remotely during that period. Prior to returning to their office, the employee must receive a physician’s clearance.
- All international travel within the last two weeks by employees, including travel by household members, or planned international travel through 2020, is to be reported to Human Resources.
- Increased use of Video Conferencing, Teams or Zoom in all Pickering facilities worldwide. We also strongly encourage this for communication with customers, partners and suppliers.
- All employees have their temperature taken daily, any employee with a consistent temperature over 37.3 c is asked to isolate at home until a Covid-19 test has been completed. If found positive, they will continue to isolate for at least 14 days.
- Two marquees (tents) have been erected outside to allow meetings to take place with fresh airflow.
- Starting in January this year, all employees must go through high-level LFD testing.
In addition, we have recommended that employees follow the same simple hygiene habits that protect against the seasonal flu virus in order to protect against exposure to COVID-19, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Staying at home when sick and seeking appropriate medical care.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Finally, visitors to our facilities will be asked to report their foreign travel as part of the standard check in process. We reserve the right to deny entry to our facilities if a visitor has travelled to a geographical area of concern or has/is experiencing any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus in the last 14 days.
Please be assured that we are taking the aforementioned precautions in an effort to ensure the safety and well-being of customers and employees. To discuss any questions or concerns, please e-mail: [email protected]
We value the health, safety, and the well-being of you and your families. Please be safe, vigilant, and proactive as you prepare, guard, and work through this coronavirus outbreak. We will continue to monitor the World Health Organization for the latest updates and advisories and suggests you monitor it or your local organization as well.
Thank you and kind regards,
The Pickering Team