Last updated: January 26, 2023
- What type of personal data is collected?
- When you provide us with your personal data?
- How will we use your personal data?
- Sharing and disclosing your personal information?
- Details of our website third-party vendors?
- What security measures do we have?
- Why we send you marketing material?
- Why do we send you ‘Direct Mail’?
- How can you manage your personal information and preferences?
- How long do we intend to keep your personal data for?
- What rights do you have in respect of your personal data?
- Why we review other global data privacy regulations?
- What happens if you click a link to another website?
- If you are unsatisfied with how we have handled your data
Pickering Interfaces Ltd gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why, and when we process your personal data.
Pickering Interfaces registered office is at Stephenson Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15 4NL and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 01029133. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register; registration number ZA334448, and act as the data controller when processing your data.
1. What type of personal data is collected?
When you visit our website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. By clicking on the different category headings to find out more and change default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
To learn more about what cookie information is collected, click here Cookie Information
2. When you provide us with your personal data?
If you register to our website, download literature, request a quote, or request us to contact you, you may be required to provide personal information such as First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number, Company Name, Street Address, City, State/Region, Postal Code and Country.
We also have our “Live Help Now” chat platform that is available on this website. It allows website visitors in the North American region to chat with our Sales and Support teams. We collect contact information via the chat such as name, email address, location, etc. This personal data will create a lead in our customer relationship database for internal reference and not used for any other purpose.
Our websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us, so that we can delete the information.
3. How will we use your personal data?
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us including providing you with product pricing and quotes, support on switching services, and literature downloads.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so. This includes our Cable Design Tool, Switch Path Manager, and other interactive tools available on our website.
- to provide you with information about other switching and simulation goods and services we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or inquired about.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you, which may be based on your activity on our website.
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account.
- to manage and operate your account with us and to complete contractual obligations.
4. Sharing and disclosing your personal information?
Pickering Interfaces will not sell or rent your personal information. We will not disclose your personal information to outside organizations unless they are affiliated with us as a third-party vendor. These vendors use the information to fulfill our requirements for such things as processing quotes, orders, purchases, shipping products and replying to any other customer requests.
Any information submitted by you may result in transferring your personal data across international borders. Where applicable, these are carried out via a restricted transfer, the UK ‘adequacy regulations’ in respect of those countries or appropriate safeguards have been put in place as per guidance under UK GDPR. This means that the countries to which we transfer your personal data are deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data or have other data protection mechanisms in place.
5. Details of our website third-party vendors?
• Google Analytics and AdWords: If you consented, we use this information to evaluate your use of the website and help provide other services relating to your website activity and internet usage. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Google Analytics or Google AdWords to track, collect or upload any data that personally identifies an individual such as a name, email address or billing information. Any data transferred is under their current processing terms and conditions using Standard Contractual Clauses as adopted by the European Commission.
• HubSpot: HubSpot is used for building marketing webpages, these can include downloading forms, eBooks, and datasheets. This also helps us create social media posts and email deployments.
All these sources of marketing content are used to inform our customers about Pickering and our offerings. When requesting to register to our website, download a datasheet, flyer, map, or eBook you may be required to provide personal information such as First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Email, Phone Number, State/Region, Country, Zip and Address. This enables us to contact you about your interests in the company’s goods or services.
Your information, which is stored and managed on HubSpot servers in the United States and other jurisdictions where HubSpot affiliates with sub-processors. To which HubSpot ensure such transfers are made in compliance with the requirements of Data Protection Laws and abide by and process European Data in compliance with the Standard Contractual Clauses.
•Hotjar: We use Hotjar Ltd, who are based on the island of Malta to evaluate your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services relating to internet usage.
We understand and interpret your user behavior anonymously, without personally identifying individual users. This allows us to get statistically accurate insights when you visit our website.
• Survey Sparrow: We use this software company based in the California, USA to collect customer feedback, such as customer loyalty and satisfaction rating for follow up. We will only survey our existing customers.
6. What security measures do we have?
Pickering Interfaces takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: -
- SSL website encryptions
- Enterprise Firewall with SPI
- Centralized user authentication with dual factor
- Authentication for all external access
- Full anti-virus/malware and anti-ransomware scanning
- AEO Certification (GB AEO F/00128/18) Customs Simplifications/Security and Safety
- BSI Certification ISO9001:2015 Standard
7. Why we send you marketing material?
Pickering Interfaces will occasionally send you marketing information regarding our products, services or promotions by email or post. These have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
Electronic newsletters: Users that have signed up for Pickering’s free electronic newsletter will not be spammed, nor will their details be sold or rented to any third parties. Users can easily unsubscribe with a simple click on any email received, alternatively users may remove themselves from our mailing list by clicking on the following link: www.info.pickeringinterfaces.com/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe
8. Why do we send you ‘Direct Mail?
We may use subcontractors (providing services to you on our behalf) to send out direct mail pieces when we have advertisements, promotions, or company information updates to inform our subscribers. We will only send you direct mail if you have previously provided us your physical address information.
You can also request Direct Mail pieces via our website for flyers, books, brochures, and maps to be sent to you. When requesting a piece of direct mail, we will ask you to provide the following personal information: First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number, Company Number, Street Address, City, State/Region, Postal Code and Country.
If you have already registered on our website and request a direct mail piece from us, we will remember your past registration information and simply request street address and postal code, so we can mail your requested information.
You can opt-out of receiving direct mail/have your physical address removed from our database or request to have your address updated at any time by emailing [email protected]
9. How can you manage your personal information and preferences?
By accessing your Pickering Account, you may at any time update your contact preferences, amend your personal data, or unsubscribe by clicking the link in the footer of any electronic newsletter. You can also unsubscribe at any time by clicking on this link https://info.pickeringtest.com/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe
You do have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws. If you wish to stop receiving any communication from us or delete your account, please email [email protected]
10. How long do we intend to keep your personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed. This includes the purposes of satisfying any legal, tax, reporting, regulatory or accounting requirements. Our standard data retention period in respect of paper correspondence is 6 years plus the current year. This data is then destroyed by a professional data shredding company.
Where your personal data is held electronically in an archive containing data that cannot easily be separated and may contain other data requiring to be held for longer period, we may, at our discretion retain for longer than six years in reflection of this. For clarity, it should be noted that such personal data may be held by us or Data Processors, in electronic or paper format.
In event that we collect your personal data but, you do not become a customer, or you are no longer a customer, your data is retained in our archiving system for the purposes of quote/product history and customer support. You do, however, have the right to ask removal of your personal data, within reason, which can be securely and effectively destroyed or permanently erased from our IT systems as far as practically possible.
11. What rights do you have in respect of your personal data?
You have the right to access any personal information that Pickering Interfaces processes about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified. If you wish to request a ‘Subject Access Request’ form, please email [email protected]
12. Why we review other global data privacy regulations?
Pickering Group periodically keeps up to date with all relevant global privacy regulations and will update this Privacy Notice in accordance with any additional information which may need to be disclosed.
The purpose of our processing activity is to provide goods or services to business individuals. Any shared use of data which is necessary for the performance of contracts, agreements, or similar instructions, are subject to the provisions in law relevant to its jurisdiction. We do not sell your data to any other organizations.
Where data may be transferred or stored, the use of appropriate technical and administrative measures, such as, the specified country having equivalent data protection regime, are used to protect personal data from unauthorized access, accidental loss, alteration, disclosure, or destruction.
Where necessary, we use legitimate interests to fulfill our controller obligations and would only pass to a third-party under pre-contractual agreements. We keep records of our personal data processing operations conducted, especially when based on legitimate interest.
We will continually review all relevant legislations and will update this statement where required.
13. What happens if you click a link to another website?
14. What if you are unsatisfied with how we handled your data?
Pickering Interfaces only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If you have any concerns on the personal data we hold, please contact us on: -
If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how
we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our lead supervisory authority: -