Pickering VISA driver (pipx40) and LabVIEW™ Real-Time
RT system with Phar Lap ETS Real-Time Operating System
The Pickering VISA driver, pipx40, is suitable for use with LabVIEW RT systems, here's how.
- Install pipx40 normally onto the development system
- Make sure that a copy of the pipx40 LabVIEW library is installed in the instr.lib folder of the LabVIEW installation
- Transfer the Pickering Windows INF files to the RT system - this allows RT to recognize Pickering cards
- Transfer a copy of the pipx40_32.dll to the RT system
Files to be copied to the remote RT system:
|C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\pipx40\LabVIEW RT\*.infd>||/ni-rt/system|
|C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\bin\pipx40_32.dlld>||/ni-rt/system|
*Note: On older installations the source files may be located in: C:\VXIPNP\WinNT folder system
RT system with NI Linux Real-Time Operating System
Before installing the Pickering PXI VISA (pipx40) driver on a remote system running NI Linux RT, the following prerequisites must be met:
- LabVIEW and the LabVIEW RT module are installed on your local system with the Pickering Pipx40 wrapper
- The target system is connected to the local area network with SFTP/SSH access
- LabVIEW RT and NI VISA area already installed on the target system
- Download the latest driver version for “pipx40 for NI Linux RT” from https://downloads.pickeringtest.info/downloads/drivers/Linux_Drivers/
- Copy the file to the target system.
- Login to the target system, and navigate to the location where the driver file was copied.
- Extract the tar.gz file.
- Navigate to the extracted folder.
Run the install script
# sh install.sh
# tar zxvf [installation package tar.gz file]