NI Measurement & Automation Explorer PXI Chassis Identification Problem
There is a known problem where National Instruments MAX will sometimes not properly configure identified PXI chassis in the Devices and Interfaces configuration tree. The following steps should correct this problem.
- Launch National Instruments Measurement & Automation Explorer.
- Expand "Devices & Interfaces" entry in the NI MAX Configuration window.
- Expand "PXI System" entry
- Delete the chassis entry (if existing in the displayed list) from the configuration
list by right-clicking on the chassis icon and then select "Remove Chassis" from the popup menu.
- Right-click on the "PXI System" entry and select "Show PXI Buses" from the popup
- From the PXI Bus list, right-click
on (the PXI Bus entry showing the PXI card sub-list) and select "Identify as Chassis"
selecting the appropriate chassis part number from the popup list.
- Right-click on the "PXI System" entry and deselect "Show PXI Buses" from the
popup menu, this will hide the PXI Bus list reducing the configuration window clutter.
Note: Chassis ini files are located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\PXI\Hardware Descriptions\Chassis folder.