Custom Cabling with the Cable Design Tool
The first step to creating a custom cable assembly is by using our free online Cable Design Tool—with this tool, you can graphically design your custom cable assembly by using either our built-in library of standard cable sets or create them from scratch. Once completed, our engineers will generate a competitive quote for your cable requirements.
Features of our Cable Design Tool include:
- Graphical design of customized cable assemblies (see examples below)
- Built-in library of standard cable sets. To be used as the basis for customization, or cables can just be defined from scratch
- Store cable assemblies in the Cloud and develop over time
- Create your own library and share with colleagues
- Each cable design has a pdf documentation file detailing all of the specifications
- Allows very detailed design characteristics including - selection of connector types, wire type, pin definitions, pin and cable labeling, cable bundling, length selection, sleeving, comments
- Add your own connectors and wires
- Fully supported on major tablet operating systems
We will be continually updating the tool to better accommodate your requirements and features. Your data is not trapped, complete details of the design are always available to you at any time via the documentation or spreadsheet file.
If you get stuck creating a cable assembly or the application doesn’t allow you to draw the desired feature, just submit the semi-completed assembly and one of our experienced engineers will provide guidance through the complete process. Once the cable assembly design is finished, we will provide pricing typically within one working day. Ordering small quantities is slightly more expensive per piece, but the pricing becomes the same as standard cables when typically fifteen or more pieces are ordered.
Have questions or need more information about our custom cables or the cable design tool?Feel free to contact us
Below are some examples of cable assemblies designed in the tool: