Custom Cabling with the Cable Design Tool
Features of our Cable Design Tool include:
- Graphical design of customized cable assemblies (see examples below)
- Built-in library of standard cable sets. To be used as the basis for customization, or cables can just be defined from scratch
- Add your own connectors and wires
- Allows very detailed design characteristics, including - selection of connector types, wire type, pin definitions, pin and cable labeling, cable bundling, length selection, sleeving, comments
- Export your designs to a datasheet pdf with manufacturing documentation for cable assembly. This includes product visualization, BOM, pinouts and other specifications
- Store cable assemblies in the project manager and develop them over time
- Share designs with colleagues with security level control
- Version control with complete histories and design locking
- Messages to other users and our engineers can be sent and received within the tool
We will continually update the tool to accommodate your requirements. Your data is not trapped; complete design details are always available to you at any time via the documentation or spreadsheet file.
If you get stuck creating a cable assembly or the application doesn’t allow you to draw the desired feature, submit the semi-completed assembly, and one of our experienced engineers will guide you through the process. Once the cable assembly design is finished, we will provide pricing typically within one working day. Ordering small quantities is slightly more expensive per piece, but the pricing becomes the same as standard cables when typically fifteen or more pieces are ordered.
Have questions or need more information about our custom cables or the cable design tool?Feel free to contact us
Below are some examples of cable assemblies designed in the tool: