Pickering has received numerous customer inquiries regarding potential disruption due to the very sad military conflict in Ukraine:
- Russia: Pickering Group stopped selling/supporting any of our products in Russia/Belarus several years ago. Pickering does not use any Russian components or services in any of our products. Nor do we believe that any critical Russian materials are used by any of our immediate suppliers. Pickering Group is already fully compliant with all Russian sanctions regulations from the UK, EU, and US governments (as of 3rd March 2022).
- Ukraine: Pickering sales into Ukraine are very low, we will continue to sell and support products for our Ukraine customers (under the February 2022 government). Pickering does not currently use any Ukrainian components or services.
- A thorough review of our energy, IT, or other systems within our Czech and UK facilities has shown no known vulnerability to potential disruption due to the conflict or anticipated escalations.
- Pickering employees in the UK and especially the Czech Republic are raising funds and goods to donate to the victims and refugees from this crisis.
- To date, our UK employees have already raised £1,877, which has been matched by Pickering, making the total donation £3,754 so far, which has been sent directly to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian appeal.
- To date, our Czech Republic employees have raised CZK118k (£4k), which has been matched by Pickering, making the total donation CZK 237k (£7.9k). The funds are being distributed 50% to Red Cross and 50% to assist local Ukrainian families near Pickering’s Czech facilities. In addition, we have collected many toys and clothes for Ukrainian children in Czechia. Pickering Czech are also now preparing to offer employment to suitable Ukrainian people.